CTV producer guidelines
This guide is designed for independent producers who want to pitch ideas to CTV.
What we’re looking for
As Canada’s #1 conventional broadcaster, CTV strives to entertain Canadians from coast to coast. We concentrate on big-tent, high-quality programming, universal in theme, driven by unique and exceptional characters. At this time, we are primarily looking for one hour dramatic ongoing series that are procedural and episodic, as well as a few special series with a more serialized style of storytelling. We also look for reality-competition shows and, half-hour comedies, both single camera and multi-camera. We occasionally program MOWs or Mini-series, but we currently do not have a large appetite for these types of programs.
We actively support Canadian writers and independent production companies, and commission only Canadian-based productions, Canadian treaty co-productions and co-ventures.
All submissions must be accompanied by a Bell Media submission form signed by you (or all parties as the case may be).
In addition, we require the following:
– A clear, concise and easy-to-read description of the project (3-5 pages)
– Any support materials including character descriptions or episode breakdowns
– An explanation of why our audience would want to watch your show
– A list of key creative players (producer, writer, talent)
– A general description of each of the following: type of program (series or one-off), number and length of episodes, production timeframe, financing plan, budget top-sheet, and contact information (email address, mailing address, phone numbers)
– If you have an agent or other representation, please have them contact us
Only completed submissions along with a signed submission form will be acknowledged and reviewed.
If there is interest in your project, it may be placed into development where we will require you to further flesh out the idea. The initial review process takes up to six (6) weeks from receipt of your submission and submission form.
We receive hundreds of submissions each year and only a few will be selected. If your submission is not selected for development during the six-week review period, it is deemed withdrawn and we will not have any rights or claims to your submission. We do not retain copies of your submission and it will be returned to you or deleted. Hardcopy submissions will be returned if you provide us with a stamped self-addressed envelope; otherwise, it will be shredded. Electronic submissions will be deleted from our system.