TSN producer guidelines
This guide is designed for independent producers who want to pitch ideas for production to TSN – Canada’s Sports Leader.
What we’re looking for
As Canada’s #1 sports network, TSN is looking for programming with a national appeal. While our programming focus is mainly major league live sports and sports news and information shows, we are also looking for unique and compelling event highlight shows as well as documentary programming that would be well-received by our national audience. At this time, we are primarily looking for Canadian-produced programming. All programming is expected to be produced in high definition and provided fully captioned.
All submissions MUST be accompanied by a Bell Media submission form signed by you (or all parties as the case may be). In addition, we require the following:
– A clear, concise and easy-to-read description of the project (1-2 pages preferred)
– Program format, including features and/or unique segments
– Target audience description
– Available sponsorship opportunities for production financing
– Event date, if applicable
– Delivery date
– DVD or online link showcasing previous work
– Outline CRTC category: amateur, recreational, human interest, magazine, etc.
– Eligibility to air on additional Bell Media networks including ESPN Classic, NHL Network, CTV
– Brief company history. Please include television experience, outlining previous productions that have been broadcast
Only completed submissions along with a signed submission form will be acknowledged and reviewed.
If there is interest in your project, it may be placed into development where we will require you to further flesh out the idea. The initial review process takes up to six (6) weeks from receipt of your submission and submission form.
Please keep in mind that we receive hundreds of submissions each year and only a few will be selected. If your submission is not selected during the six (6) week review period for development, it is deemed withdrawn and we will not have any rights or claims to your submission. We do not retain copies of your submission and it will be returned to you or deleted. Hardcopy submissions will be returned to you if you provide us with a stamped self-addressed envelope; otherwise, it will be shredded. Electronic submissions will be deleted from our system.