Basketball’s Brightest Stars Align as TSN Delivers Complete Live Coverage of NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto
– TSN showcases NBA’s annual All-Star celebration, from Feb. 12-14, 2016 in Toronto –
– TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto delivers extensive coverage of NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto –
TORONTO (November 26, 2015) – The NBA’s biggest stars are running through the 6ix for NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto, and TSN, in association with Turner Sports’ exclusive coverage on TNT in the United States, delivers complete live coverage of NBA All-Star from Feb. 12-14, 2016, live from the home of the Toronto Raptors, the Air Canada Centre.
Live coverage of NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto, produced by TNT, will be simulcast on both TSN and Sportsnet.
NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto Schedule Highlights
- The 65th annual NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. ET
- State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, highlighted by the fan-favourite Verizon Slam Dunk, on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7:30 p.m. ET
- NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, featuring some of the hottest celebrities from film, TV, and music, along with some of your favourite NBA legends, on Friday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. ET followed by the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, showcasing the league’s brightest emerging young stars from the United States and around the world.
NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto marks the first time the NBA’s annual All-Star festivities have been held outside the United States. The rosters will feature five starting players in each conference as voted by fans, and seven reserves in each conference as selected by NBA head coaches.
The network’s complete live simulcast coverage of NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto is also available live and on demand to TSN subscribers via TSN GO.
Bell NBA All-Star Challenge
Committed to growing basketball across the country and developing homegrown talent, the Bell NBA All-Star Challenge presented by Air Miles invites basketball enthusiasts ages 16 and older to realize their All-Star dreams and show off their talent. As a cross-country initiative to identify and showcase the country’s next generation of rising stars, the Challenge will bring together Canada’s top three-point shooters, skills challenge competitors, and dunkers to compete for a national title at NBA All-Star 2016. Partnered with Canada Basketball, the regional challenges will be held at local universities and tie into each school’s varsity basketball games. Coverage of the Bell NBA All-Star Challenge will appear extensively across TSN and Bell Media platforms.
Basketball on TSN
TSN’s five national feeds are Canada’s home of basketball, with a slate of basketball coverage that features 41 exclusive Toronto Raptors regular-season games, a comprehensive schedule of marquee NBA matchups featuring U.S.-based teams, NBA All-Star 2016 in Toronto, and the NBA Playoffs culminating with the NBA Finals. TSN’s television coverage of the Raptors is complemented by live radio coverage on TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto. TSN 1050 broadcasts 41 regular-season Toronto Raptors games which are also available on TSN.ca and via the TSN GO app. TSN.ca provides in-depth news and analysis from around the league, including columns, podcasts, and video highlights.
TSN also provides complete coverage of NCAA MARCH MADNESS, the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME, as well as international men’s and women’s tournaments through partnerships with Canada Basketball and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA).