Bell Media Renews Partnership with Yellow Pages for Shop The Neighbourhood Campaign
– #shopthehood campaign on now until Nov. 28 –
– Features segments from neighbourhoods across the country on ETALK, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, and THE SOCIAL–
TORONTO (October 30, 2015) – Bell Media has renewed its support for the third edition of Yellow Pages’ Shop The Neighbourhood™ campaign, a program designed to support small businesses by encouraging local shopping. Shop The Neighbourhood (#shopthehood) celebrates small businesses and reminds Canadians of the benefits that local shopping has in their communities.
Bell Media will promote the program across the country, with spots airing on Bell Media’s English and French properties as well as multiple content integrations across Bell Media’s suite of conventional, specialty, and radio properties. The campaign culminates on Saturday, Nov. 28, between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when Canadian consumers are frequently enticed by U.S. shopping deals.
“Yellow Pages’ campaign has an ambitious vision that directly benefits the economic health of Canadian merchants and their neighbourhoods,” said Debbie Drutz, Vice-President, Bell Media Mix. “It’s our mission to deliver a strategy that brings this brand idea to life across the country and we’ve engaged a huge lineup of media personalities to help rally Canadians to shop locally.”
“Shop The Neighbourhood is our largest event of the year and we’re very pleased with the support shown by Bell Media in helping us promote local spending and small business support,” said Paul Brousseau, Vice-President, Brand Communications, Yellow Pages. “In a global marketplace, it can be easy to forget the positive impact our dollars have when spent close to home and the difference one sale can make for a small business, and in turn, our neighbourhoods.”
Hosts and experts from CTV’s ETALK, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, and THE SOCIAL will profile a number of Canadian neighbourhoods, with interesting facts, shops, and interviews with locals, in addition to features on CANADA AM, and Bell Media radio programs.
- Four experts from THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW: Charles MacPherson (a.k.a. Charles the Butler), Tommy Smythe, Vijaya Selvaraju, and Rodney Bowers will show off their favourite neighbourhoods on the CTV daytime program.
- On THE SOCIAL, Co-Hosts Melissa Grelo, Cynthia Loyst, Lainey Lui, and Traci Melchor, and fashion expert Erica Wark, venture home to show viewers what their neighbourhoods have to offer.
- On ETALK, Ben Mulroney, Danielle Graham, Lainey Lui, Devon Soltendieck, and Liz Trinnear will explore unique neighbourhoods in four major Canadian cities, Vancouver-Gastown, Calgary-Inglewood, Halifax, and Toronto-Rosedale, and Toronto-Queen West.
- CANADA AM will visit local merchants in Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Halifax for live morning segments.
- The campaign will also include discussions on local radio stations, 30-second commercial spots on CTV as well as Bell Media’s English and French specialty TV channels including Canal Vie, Canal D, Z, VRAK, Canal D Investigation, MusiMax, MusiquePlus, Séries+, and Historia.
- Finally, Shop the neighbourhood campaign will be featured on a multi-format, multi-market, out-of-home blitz with advertising at street level and on digital superboards in both official languages.
The complete media partnership from Bell Media Sales is supported by a team of contributors have brought the program to market.
– 30 –