BioSteel and TSN Announce New Partnership to Deliver Coverage of the First-Ever BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME on April 14
– Inaugural game showcasing 24 of Canada’s top high school basketball players tips off on Tuesday, April 14 at Toronto’s Mattamy Athletic Centre –
– Canada Basketball signs on as supporting partner to help facilitate the selection process –
– TSN broadcast team features award-winning play-by-play commentator Dan Shulman –
– Rosters will be unveiled on Canada Basketball Day at the Air Canada Centre when the Toronto Raptors host the Minnesota Timberwolves on March 18 on TSN –
TORONTO (March 5, 2015) – BioSteel and TSN today announced a new partnership to showcase the next generation of Canadian basketball stars with the first-ever BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME. The inaugural edition of this annual event featuring the top 24 high school basketball players from across the country takes place at Toronto’s Mattamy Athletic Centre on Tuesday, April 14.
The BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME tips off April 14 at 7 p.m. ET at Toronto’s Mattamy Athletic Centre.
DOWNLOAD LOGO HERE: http://bmpr.ca/1EKvPlt
TSN will broadcast the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME on Tuesday, April 14 immediately following the Toronto Raptors’ game against the Boston Celtics. TSN’s broadcast team features play-by-play commentator Dan Shulman, who has delivered the call for ESPN’s live coverage of NCAA basketball since 2001, and NBA ON TSN analyst Leo Rautins, a member of the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame.
“The fact that a game of this nature is taking place in Canada, supported by a great Canadian company like BioSteel and a national broadcaster in TSN, is a testament to the growth and popularity of the game, as well as the depth of talent we have in this country,” said Jesse Tipping, Executive Director of the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME and president of Athlete Institute Basketball Academy.
“BioSteel is committed to growing the game of basketball in Canada and we created this game as a platform to celebrate the talent we have across our country,” said John Celenza, President of BioSteel. “We’re pleased to be working with TSN on this new initiative and look forward to showing the world what we have to offer.”
“Excitement for Canadian basketball is at an all-time high, and we can’t wait to introduce Canada’s next generation of emerging young basketball stars to audiences across the country,” said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President, Programming and Marketing, TSN. “This game is an excellent addition to TSN’s comprehensive basketball coverage that also includes wide-ranging coverage of the Toronto Raptors, the NBA Playoffs culminating with the NBA FINALS, and everyone’s favourite basketball tournament, NCAA MARCH MADNESS.”
Canada Basketball has signed on as supporting partner of the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME to help facilitate the selection process of the 24 players taking part in the game.
The athletes will be chosen by an 11-person selection committee, led by Tony McIntyre, the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME Operations Director and Selection Committee Chairman. The committee is comprised of a cross-section of Canadian basketball stakeholders, including provincial/territorial representatives, clubs, coaches, and scouts from across the country:
- Pasha Bains – Drive Basketball
- Mark Bairos – Hoops Hype Canada
- Dan Becker – Basketball Manitoba
- Drew Ebanks – On Point Basketball
- Barry Hayes – HoopStars Canada
- Brandon Lesovsky – Athlete Institute
- Joey McKitterick – Brookwood Elite Quebec
- Michael Meeks – Canada Basketball
- Devon Norris – Basketball Nova Scotia
- Paul Sir – Basketball Alberta
- Lindsay Walsh – Ontario Basketball
The 24 players comprising the final rosters for the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME will be revealed at Canada Basketball Day at the Air Canada Centre when the Toronto Raptors host Team BioSteel’s Andrew Wiggins and the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday, March 18 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN.
For ticket info for the BIOSTEEL ALL-CANADIAN BASKETBALL GAME, fans can visit the game’s official website at BioSteelAllCanadian.com.