TSN’s Kate Beirness Launches First-Ever HER MARK Summit on July 8 to Empower the Next Generation of Canadian Female Leaders
– Featuring motivational speakers, educational panels, and a slate of special guests, HER MARK will be attended by 100 Toronto-area female high school students demonstrating outstanding leadership in their schools and communities –
– Sponsored by TSN, MLSE, and Under Armour, the one-day HER MARK summit takes place this Saturday (July 8) at BMO Field in Toronto –
TORONTO (July 6, 2017) – This Saturday (July 8) marks the first-ever HER MARK summit, a one-day event aimed at empowering the next generation of Canadian female leaders. Founded and hosted by TSN’s SPORTSCENTRE anchor Kate Beirness and sponsored by TSN, MLSE, and Under Armour, HER MARK will be attended by 100 Toronto-area female high school students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills in their schools and communities.
“As female leaders in this country, I feel it’s our responsibility to be role models and inspire the next generation. HER MARK is an opportunity for young women who have shown tremendous leadership in their schools and communities to learn from some incredible Canadian women,” said Kate Beirness, TSN SPORTSCENTRE Anchor and Founder of HER MARK. “Our mission is to encourage what they have already accomplished and help them continue to grow as strong women in business, health/wellness, and most importantly, in life!”
Throughout the HER MARK summit, the exemplary group of female student leaders will have the opportunity to hear and learn from variety of athletes and industry influencers – all centered around the goal of inspiring and cultivating an even stronger generation of female leaders.
The students will also have the chance to take part in an interactive fitness panel led by Mark Fitzgerald (Strength Coach for the Anaheim Ducks) and a nutritional seminar featuring Sylvie Tetrault (Sports Nutritionist and Strength Coach).
Her Mark Summit Special Guests
- Rosie MacLennan – Two-time Olympic Gold Medallist (Trampoline)
- Mandi Bujold – Pan Am Gold Medallist and Canadian Champion (Boxing)
- Tessa Bonhomme – Olympic Gold Medallist (Hockey) and TSN SportsCentre Anchor
- Kori Cheverie – Assistant Coach, Men’s Hockey, Ryerson University
- Laura Diakun – TSN SportsCentre Anchor
- Michelle Dube – CTV Toronto Anchor
- Shana Ferguson – Director of Marketing, Under Armour Canada
- Dave Hopkinson – CCO, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment
- Tara Slone – Host, Rogers Hometown Hockey
- Natasha Staniszewski – TSN SportsCentre Anchor
- Tara Watchorn – Sochi 2014 Olympic Gold Medallist (Hockey)
- Charity Williams – Rio 2016 Olympic Bronze Medallist (Rugby)