Much producer guidelines
This guide is designed for independent producers who want to pitch ideas to Much.
What we’re looking for
Much delivers trend worthy humour with a focus on music and pop-culture to our discerning and clever audience. Much caters to Canadian youth who want to keep connected to the world of music and pop culture. We’re looking for reality-doc, and music and entertainment series geared to young adults that don’t take themselves too seriously.
We actively support Canadian writers and independent production companies, and commission only Canadian-based productions, Canadian treaty co-productions and co-ventures. Currently we are only commissioning English-language projects.
All submissions must be accompanied by a Bell Media submission form signed by you (or all parties as the case may be).
In addition, we require the following:
– A clear, concise and easy-to-read description of the project (3-5 pages)
– Any support materials including character descriptions or episode breakdowns
– An explanation of why our audience would want to watch your show
– A list of key creative players (producer, writer, talent)
– A general description of each of the following: type of program (series or one-off), number and length of episodes, production timeframe, financing plan, budget top-sheet, and contact information (email address, mailing address, phone numbers)
– If you have an agent or other representation, please have them contact us
Only completed submissions along with a signed submission form will be acknowledged and reviewed.
If there is interest in your project, it may be placed into development where we will require you to further flesh out the idea. The initial review process takes up to six (6) weeks from receipt of your submission and submission form.
We receive hundreds of submissions each year and only a few will be selected. If your submission is not selected for development during the six-week review period, it is deemed withdrawn and we will not have any rights or claims to your submission. We do not retain copies of your submission and it will be deleted.