CTV’s YOUR MORNING Celebrates Canada 150 with a Special Live Broadcast in Ottawa, June 30
— June 27, 2017
– Live from Parliament Hill, YOUR MORNING takes its show on the road for the first time with a special broadcast, entitled YOUR MORNING: CELEBRATING CANADA 150 –
– Co-host Anne-Marie Mediwake sits down with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau –
– Canada’s soaring Snowbirds and a pair of top astronauts will drop by the set –
– Former Prime Ministers Kim Campbell, Joe Clark, Paul Martin, and Brian Mulroney share taped messages reflecting on their time in office –
– Special broadcast includes interviews with CCMA Award-winning artist Dean Brody, JUNO Award-winning musician Serena Ryder, and platinum Maritime artist Lisa LeBlanc –
– Social media sensations Maritime Bhangra Group and a capella star Mike Tompkins also set to perform –
– Anne-Marie Mediwake and Lindsey Deluce travel to Ottawa ahead of the special broadcast for Canada 150-inspired features –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2sTbXvi
TORONTO (June 27, 2017) – On the eve of Canada’s 150th anniversary, CTV’s YOUR MORNING is live from Parliament Hill in Ottawa with a special broadcast, YOUR MORNING: CELEBRATING CANADA 150, airing Friday, June 30 at 6 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV GO, and CTV News Channel. Taking YOUR MORNING on the road for its first-ever remote show, the entire three-hour broadcast is a tribute to Canada’s 150th anniversary, featuring an interview with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, many live guests, conversations with renowned Canadian musicians and performers, and more!
Earlier today, it was confirmed on YOUR MORNING that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be a part of the June 30 special broadcast. Co-host Anne-Marie Mediwake sits down with the Prime Minister to discuss Canada 150, summer plans, and his favourite Canada Day memories.
“The entire YOUR MORNING team is looking forward to marking Canada 150 by taking the entire show on the road for the first time live from the nation’s capital,” said Executive Producer, Michelle Crespi. “With Parliament Hill as our back drop, we’ll be right in the middle of the action with a show that covers everything from the performers and politics to where Canada stands today.”
Among the guests dropping by the YOUR MORNING set on Parliament Hill to celebrate Canada 150 are Governor General David Johnston, Canadian astronauts Jeremy Hanson and Dave Williams, Snowbird Captain Blake McNaughton, and Heritage Minister Mélanie Joly.
Plus, former Prime Ministers Kim Campbell, Joe Clark, Paul Martin, and Brian Mulroney share taped messages reflecting on their time in office.
Many popular Canadian musicians and performers participating in Canada Day events will make appearances on YOUR MORNING: CELEBRATING CANADA 150. Among them, CCMA Award-winning country music artist Dean Brody, JUNO Award-winning singer-songwriter Serena Ryder, and platinum Maritime singer-songwriter, and banjoist, Lisa LeBlanc, plus social media success story Maritime Bhangra Group and YouTube acapella star Mike Tompkins.
Additionally, YOUR MORNING: CELEBRATING CANADA 150 will feature Canada 150-inspired taped features. Anne-Marie gets an exclusive sneak peek of the Canadian Museum of History’s new Canadian History Hall, opening on July 1. She also goes behind-the-scenes of the largest fireworks show that Canada will ever see. Also, Lindsey takes us on a tour of Parliament Hill, exploring the hidden corners most Canadians have never seen.
YOUR MORNING airs weekday mornings from 6-9 a.m. on CTV (Ontario, Québec, and Eastern Canada) and CTV GO as part of CTV’s leading original daytime lineup, and nationally on CTV News Channel.
CTV is Canada’s #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada’s most-watched television network for the past 16 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada’s largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network’s website at CTV.ca.
Senior Manager, Publicity Bell Media Studios & Radio