Showcasing the best and brightest in Canadian and international talent, the annual iHeartRadio FanFest is just two weeks away on Wednesday, May 8 at Rebel nightclub in Toronto. As one of the must-see events on the Canadian Music Week calendar, FanFest is poised to be an epic night in music, with performances by Marshmello, Frank Walker, Neon Dreams, Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine, Famba, Lu Kala, and many more. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.ca. FanFest is a 19+ event.
Counting down to the big day, The Lede has compiled some fun facts (and the Canadian connections!) of this year’s headliner, Marshmello.
- Having initially remained anonymous for years, Marshmello is confirmed to be American producer/DJ Chris Comstock.
- The moniker Marshmello is in connection to the custom marshmallow shaped helmet the world-renowned DJ wears during his public appearances. It is believed his name and mascot head were inspired by Canadian electronic DJ and music producer Deadmau5, who also dons a helmet on stage.
- Marshmello first gained mass acclaim when his official remix of Jack U and Canadian megastar Justin Bieber’s “Where Are U Now” collected over 40 million plays on Spotify and SoundCloud in less than six months.
- Last Valentine’s Day, Marshmello tore the roof off of Rebel Nightclub in Toronto at one of the first iHeartRadio Secret Session series, titled iHeartRadio Secret Session - A Marshmello Valentine’s.
- Last summer, Canadian pop superstar Shawn Mendes sent the iHeartRadio MMVAs crowd into a frenzy when he posed as Marshmello on the MMVA stage to accept the award for Best EDM/Dance Artist or Group.
- With more than 2 billion streams across his channels, Marshmello is one of the fastest-rising dance producers in history and is one of Spotify’s Top 10 most-listened to artists in the world.