The planet of KRYPTON - home to Superman’s El family origin - has historically been faced with numerous attempts of destruction before its inevitable end by enemies like Brainiac (Blake Ritson), General Dru-Zod (Colin Salmon), and Superman killer Doomsday. Season 1 ended with the legendary Man of Steel’s grandfather, Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe) sacrificing himself to a fate worse than death to ensure the safety of people of Kandor from Brainiac’s reign of terror. Season 2 of KRYPTON (premiering Wednesday, June 12 at 10 p.m. ET) continues to show no mercy as the planet faces one of the biggest bads yet, the immortal and intergalactic bounty hunter, Lobo (Emmett J. Scanlan) as seen in all-new trailer.
Here’s what we know so far about KRYPTON’s newest threat…
- Lobo is a ruthless bounty hunter and master of warfare. Lobo was born and raised on the planet of Czarnia, which was peaceful until Lobo decided to murder his entire species, the Czarnians.
- Lobo is as eccentric, insistent, and loud as they come – and Krypton cast an actor (Emmett J. Scanlon) with a big personality to match, as shown in one of Scanlon’s Instagram posts.
- Lobo’s an intergalactic being with a laundry list of impressive titles including the Last Czarnian, the Main Man, The ‘Bo, Master Machete, and Archbishop of the First Celestial Church of the Triple Fish-God.
- DC Comic fanatics will be able to spot visual similarities between the illustrations of the infamous comic book character and KRYPTON’s live-action interpretation.
- Lobo has superhuman strength and is virtually immortal, making for a deadly adversary who will keep coming until his job is done. It is known that Lobo can regenerate out of a pool of his own blood.
Join the fight against all enemies of KRYPTON when Season 2 returns on June 12. Viewers can catch up on all of Season 1 of KRYPTON, only on Crave.