TORONTO (August 14, 2019) – On the heels of SHOWTIME®’s premiere date announcement at the Television Critics Association’s Summer Press Tour, it was confirmed today that the eighth and final season of the Emmy® and Golden Globe® winning hit drama HOMELAND will stream only on Crave in Canada. The final season bows Sunday, February 9 at 9 p.m. ET, and subscribers can catch-up now on Season 7 which is available for streaming on Crave.
In addition to HOMELAND, a slew of new SHOWTIME programming coming exclusively to Crave is also on the horizon, including:
- ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA, a dark new comedy starring Kirsten Dunst and executive produced by George Clooney (Aug. 25)
- COUPLES THERAPY, a new docu-series from Sundance Award-winning filmmakers Josh Kriegman, Elyse Steinberg, and Eli Despres (Sept. 6)
- MURDER IN THE BAYOU, SHOWTIME’s first true crime docu-series (Sept. 13)
- BACK TO LIFE, a new comedy series from the producers of FLEABAG, created by and starring Daisy Haggard (Oct. 6)
- KIDDING, Season 2 (Nov. 3)
- SHAMELESS, Season 10 (Nov. 3)
- RAY DONOVAN, Season 7 (Nov. 17)
- WORK IN PROGRESS, a new comedy starring Abby McEnany (Dec. 8)
- THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, the sequel to the groundbreaking original series (Dec. 18)
- THE GOOD LORD BIRD, a new limited series starring Ethan Hawke, David Morse, and Steve Zahn (Feb. 16)
- YOUR HONOR, a 10-episode legal thriller starring Bryan Cranston (premiere date TBC)
About HOMELAND, Season 8
Starring Emmy, Screen Actors Guild® and Golden Globe winner Claire Danes, and Emmy and Tony® winner Mandy Patinkin, the acclaimed series is currently in production on its final 12 episodes. Season 8 finds Carrie Mathison (Danes) recovering from months of brutal confinement in a Russian gulag. Her body is healing, but her memory remains fractured – which is a problem for Saul (Patinkin), now National Security Advisor to the newly ascendant President Warner (Emmy and Golden Globe winner Beau Bridges).
The top priority of Warner’s young administration is an end to the “forever war” in Afghanistan, and Saul has been dispatched to engage the Taliban in peace negotiations. But Kabul teems with warlords and mercenaries, zealots and spies – and Saul needs the relationships and expertise that only his protégé can provide. Against medical advice, Saul asks Carrie to walk with him into the lion’s den – one last time.
Along with Danes and Patinkin, the final season stars Maury Sterling, Linus Roache, and Costa Ronin, with Nimrat Kaur and Numan Acar also returning from Season 4 in series regular roles.
Produced by Fox 21 Television Studios for SHOWTIME, HOMELAND was developed for American television by Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon, and is based on the original Israeli series PRISONERS OF WAR by Gideon Raff. Along with Gansa and Gordon, executive producers for Season 8 include Chip Johannessen, Debora Cahn, Lesli Linka Glatter, Patrick Harbinson, Claire Danes, Michael Klick, Avi Nir, Ran Telem, and Gideon Raff.